Beta Nu Chapter of STTI

Beta Nu Fund Raiser - New, Improved and Unique!

Posted about 3 years ago by Rebecca Greene

Hi Beta Nu Members,

We are still living during a pandemic but they does not stop Beta Nu Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International from raising monies to support student and nurse scientist’s research!  It is a unique time so we wanted to be unique and innovative in our fundraising efforts!   So while, we will not be having a silent auction this year we will:

1. Host a Noonday Collection shopping event through the month of March (March 31st deadline) (video re Noonday) Please review this video as it tells you all about Noonday and its work to support women and their families in developing countries.

From our  Noonday partner, Lindsey Brown (who is also Beta Nu’s Kay Boykin’s wonderful daughter):

Noonday Collection was founded in 2011 with the desire to make a difference in some of the world's most vulnerable communities, through partnering with Artisan Businesses that share our passion for building a flourishing world. We develop these businesses through fair trade, empowering them to grow sustainably and to create dignified jobs for people who need them. For the month of March, Noonday will donate 10% of the proceeds from any "Gather for Good" show to any business, organization or individual negatively impacted by COVID-19. I am excited to partner with Beta Nu in this Gather for Good, as my mom has been a member of Beta Nu for more than 25 years. And, in addition to the 10% donation from Noonday Collection, I am excited to match an additional 10% for a total of 20%! 

That’s correct!  We will receive 20% of the total sales for our research scholarships!  We will be able to raise monies to support research by empowering impoverished women and their families in developing countries to support themselves through fair trade and raise monies to support research!!  What a wonderful opportunity!  It is time to start birthday and Christmas shopping now and support these women and their families and Beta Nu research funding endeavors!

Shopping Link:

2. Offer Raffle Tickets (April)   

Tickets will be sold in April for a few items and winning tickets will be drawn at our April Beta Nu Spring Virtual Banquet!

Come, Shop, Enjoy and Contribute! 
Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.


Robin Webb Corbett, PhD, FNP-C, RNC
Associate Professor
Chair – Advanced Nursing Practice & Education
East Carolina University
College of Nursing
Greenville, NC 27858