Registered Nurse - Medical Services Consultant - Plant Vogtle (Float Nurse) New
Southern Company Website
No recruiters please
Registered Nurse Medical Services Consultant (Plant Vogtle- Float Nurse)
Southern Nuclear, a subsidiary of Southern Company, manages and operates six nuclear power electric generating plants that provide approximately 20 percent of the electricity used in Alabama and Georgia. Southern Nuclear is leading the nuclear renaissance by building the first new U.S. nuclear reactors in more than 25 years. When completed, the two Westinghouse AP1000 reactors currently under construction at Plant Vogtle will make the facility the largest in the U.S. with four reactors on one site. This is an exciting time to join the Southern Company team and share your talents with a growing and progressive organization!
The Medical Services Consultant Float Nurse position provides occupational health, medical case management and consultative services to both senior plant management and line management for both occupational and personal injuries. This position also works with the Medical Services team to provide workers compensation case management, Fitness for Duty evaluations and site drug and alcohol collection, as well as, assisting with the oversight of the Vogtle 3 & 4 construction FFD program. This position will be filled at a level commensurate with candidate’s knowledge, skills and experience. This position is located at Plant Vogtle. However, the incumbent may be required to travel 30% of the time to support other SNC sites during in-processing, outage and other coverage as needed.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interacts with all levels of employees/management, and serves as a liaison between line management and treating physicians
- Manages the return to work process
- Evaluates and facilitates restricted duty assignments
- Provides direct clinical and administrative support to the Company's physicians and Medical Director to facilitate decisions relative to work restrictions and fitness for duty
- Performs Licensed Operator medical examinations and Nuclear Security Officer medical examinations, and maintains records relative to these examinations
- Assists in the management of the Fitness for duty program, and works with management to determine the need for FFD evaluations
- Assist in the oversight of the Vogtle 3 & 4 Construction Site Fitness for Duty Program.
- Coordinates physical examinations to comply with OSHA regulations, and maintains records relative to those programs
- Provides support as needed to the Southern Company Wellness Program
- Assists in the coordination of the Workers Compensation Program
- Provides occasional coverage to other SNC sites (Plant Hatch, Plant Farley and Corporate office) as the needs occur.
- Bachelor of Science - Nursing is required
- Current, valid professional nursing license in the State of Georgia is required
- A minimum of five years nursing experience is preferred
- Prior leadership experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to establish close working relationships with employees, line management, co-workers, company physicians and other medical professionals in the community
- Proven ability to ensure maximum utilization of resources to accomplish tasks and prioritize work
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage work load
- Ability to make independent decisions and to adhere to regulatory and procedural requirements
- Ability to communicate complex and sensitive issues effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to analyze information from a number of different sources and draw conclusions to develop recommended courses of action
- Knowledge and technical skills in software applications (i.e. Microsoft Office applications, case management database)
- Must model the behaviors of safety first, unquestionable trust, superior performance, and total commitment
- Must be able to establish trust and credibility with a vast array of individuals, listening and counseling as needed
- Must maintain confidentiality
Southern Company (NYSE: SO) is a super-regional energy company with 4.3 million customers and more than 42,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity in the Southeast. It is one of the largest producers of electricity in the U.S. Southern Company is the parent firm of Alabama Power, Georgia Power, Gulf Power, Mississippi Power, Southern Power, Southern Nuclear, SouthernLINC Wireless, and Southern Telecom. Southern Company brands are synonymous with excellent customer service, high reliability, and prices that are 15 percent below the national average.
Southern Company is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.